Charms to the etangs of the Red Cloister has Auder
Author 'Gnootens' (Id 229903 ) : In 1359, a hermit of the name of Gilles Olivier had the idea of moving to this place of the forest. He obtained permission from Jeanne of Brabant to install a hermitage, which can accommodate nine hermits. They chose to follow the rule of St. Augustine.
In 1381, the hermitage became a priory, and the chapel was built. They were of the Duchess of Brabant, the land and ponds of the surrounding area. The Red Cloister was born. The name originates from the use of tiles pounded embedded in the mortar to protect the walls of buildings.
The choice of location was a very good idea. The surrounding forests providing not only peace, but wood for building and heating.
The sandy slope, were extracted from the sandstone and limestone for the construction of buildings. The springs provided a pure water feeding the ponds full of fish.
The peace and the sublime beauty of places has always attracted the artists in this place.