Author 'Gipsy34' (Id 192069 ) : The Redoute de Ballestras is an ancient tower alarm, built in 1744 in Palavas les Flots (34). It is one of the 8 tours, alarm, use of cémaphores built between 1743 and 1746 between the Grau du Roi and le Cap d'agde to prevent the population against the barbary pirates. It was originally located at the current location of the lighthouse of the Mediterranean in the current centre of the city of Palavas. In 1906 she was beheaded and converted into a water tank. Between 1991 and 1992, at the initiative of EDF, it has been restored, dismantled stone by stone and rebuilt in the same way on the pond in the Levant and restored. It now houses a museum.