Author 'D.marsim' (Id 139385 ) : Not easy to take pictures of our little guy saw the number of persons outside the gates that are very beautiful. Can be traced, since 1388, the forerunner of the current statue: a fountain consists of a stone statue called "Little Julian" (Julianekensborre). There is no representation of this fountain, but from 1452, the name of Manneken Pis. At that time, the fountain played a key role in the former distribution of drinking water. The stone statue is replaced by a bronze statue commissioned in 1619 to Jerome Duquesnoy the Elder (1570-1641), a leading sculptor in Brussels at the time.