Author 'Boucher Marc dit de Meilh' (Id 191880 ) : Church of Our Lady of the Vines. Located in the municipality of Sassenage in Isère. This church of Our Lady of the Vineyards was built around the Tenth century. It replaced a cippe (small stele) Roman housed at the time a statute in honour of the vine (there were many vineyards in this place). At the time of the advent of Christianity, a sculpture representing the Virgin mary was erected at the place of the cippe Roman... This place of contemplation (spiritual) rural took a boost when the lords of Sassenage did build their castle. The small church was then incorporated into a priory of benedictine 1328 in 1789, under the name of Our Ladies of the Vines, while maintaining its role as the parish church. (Source : Association for the protection and facilitation of the church of Our Lady of the Vines : Sassenage 38360. Association which followed it rehabilitated the church.) Ph : Marc de Meilhan Butcher.