Author 'Spiros' (Id 177888 ) : The Paris obelisque, gift from the sultan of Egypt the France, has been lists in 1836 on the ensanglantee place to symbolize the concorde. 2000 people including the King Louis Philipe were presents. It is now one of the symbols of Paris. The photo shows the buildings built by Gabriel in the 18th century. Right the Department of the Navy (1766), has left the hotel Grillon (1778), behind the column there sees the Church of the Madeleine.
Photo taken the 2012.03.21. [This was the initial picture of which a fragment is the linked photo.].